Tuesday, April 21, 2009

18th Springfield Stop -- The Hammons Tower

The Hammons Tower is a Springfield icon. You can see it from Highway 13, Highway 65 and I-44. Since it is the landmark building in town, it is nice to see it from the road or see the town from the top of the tower. Make reservations to eat at The Tower Club when you can. It's a nice experience. When you see the building from far away, you will have a view of the city in your mind from the top also and a memory of a good meal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the most wonderful memories of my dad and I eating at the Tower Club together. In high school we volunteered at the Performing Arts Center once a month and we always made it a "date night" where we did dinner, took some tickets or ushered for a bit, then watched the show. Many date night dinners were had at the Tower Club and I will always remember them!

Amy said...

Sounds like a neat place! I have heard of this Tower Club but never been there. I hope I can check it out sometime.