Sunday, March 29, 2009

13th Springfield Stop -- The Library Station

I know. I'm a nerd. But you have to admit that the library district in Greene County is the best around. I happen to love the Library Station branch (2535 N. Kansas Expressway) because:
  • It is smack dab in the middle of Panera and Big Lots.
  • You can buy a coffee from Panera and take it into the library and read People magazine (and keep going back for coffee refills).
  • If you need to get a room (to study in), they have rooms that you can reserve for some peace and quiet.
  • You can put anything you want on hold, they will e-mail you when it is in and you can pick it up by going to the drive-up window. Ah, the power!
  • Librarians are just all around nice people. They are no longer variations of the scary woman from your junior high school library.

6 comments:

bri said...

I always drive past this place on the way to Walmart! I didn't know you could get coffee and go there.....how great is that???

Kellie said...

Hey thanks! All I knew about that place was that it was next to Panera! & a drive-in window?! How exciting!

MOMelody said...

Okay, Bri and Kellie, you are nerds also. Thanks for admitting it. I hope you had a great Spring Break. We missed you at Drury.

Bonnie said...

Melody! Thanks for writing such nice stuff about us. And I love your blog - I'll keep checking it out from now on.

P.S. In case you don't know me by name, I was the one standing by Mel this morning at the DU window!

Tysha said...

Thanks for putting us on your list. Fun blog. I'm now a follower.

MOMelody said...

Bonnie & Tysha -- welcome! You are responsible for making Springfield better. You do a great job.